Operational sustainment to support data center migration
Kalles Group steps in to fill an operational gap in support of a data center migration initiative, and continues to deliver operational sustainment on an ongoing basis.
In the course of our client’s data center migration, several staff members were reassigned to planning, execution, and quality assurance efforts to support the transition. The resulting gap in our client’s day to day operational activities led to a loss of productivity and increased time to resolution on critical break/fix incidents (which were having a significant negative impact across the organization, particularly in the application and unified communications service teams).
Our client looked to Kalles Group’s expertise in Systems Administration and Engineering, and solid track record in Unified Communications and Telephony solutions, to provide operational sustainment during the migration effort.
Given the scope of the migration and the impact on every corporate user, it was crucial that Kalles Group deliver this service in a seamless manner, without impact to the overall business. With this in mind, Kalles Group led efforts to:
- Establish a baseline of current in-flight operational activities
- Understand and drive prioritization of key daily and weekly activities
- Provide critical operational support and sustainment across core high-visibility applications and services
- Identify and resolve complex technical issues
- Manage incidents and develop contingency plans
Kalles Group was able to identify several highly qualified professionals that were a close match against the requirements we provided them in a short period of time, which really helped get us going.
Senior Director of Infrastructure Operations, Integra Telecom
Kalles Group was influential in the continued operation of several business critical areas across our client’s infrastructure. Key areas of Kalles Group’s focus:
- Unified Communications: Senior-level operational sustainment and support for in-flight internal communications solutions including:
- Enterprise-grade Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), PBX and Telco connections
- Programming for IVR and corporate voicemail systems
- Routers and switch hardware
- Information Technology: Configuration, installation, operation and maintenance of information technology infrastructure (e.g. servers, operating systems, specialized servers and hardware appliances, applications, databases, etc.) and related software, including:
- Windows Server, Linux, and Solaris operating systems
- Active Directory and its components.
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft Lync Server
- Microsoft SharePoint Server
- Citrix and Terminal Services
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Multi-tenant virtualization including VMware ESX/ESXi and KVM
- Enterprise-class anti-virus, anti-spam, and anti-spyware products
- Server monitoring, management, and patch deployment tools
- FTP management solutions
- Performance Monitoring: Ensuring systems performance and availability by monitoring space, CPU usage, RAM, and network usage
- Security: Developing recommendations and implementing server and file-level security solutions
- Documentation: Participating in the creation, maintenance, and communication of documentation, policies, procedures, and standards
During our client’s on-going migration, their mission-critical information technology and communications infrastructure has not only remained operational but has experienced significant improvement in design and usage. Kalles Group continues to provide support without interruption for server availability and performance issues and unified communications systems.