Our client developed a proprietary global resourcing tool to manage employee time and measure their capacity and availability, allowing our client to balance work across projects enterprise-wide. The resourcing tool went through several iterations post-launch as application requirements changed and additional functionality was developed.
Kalles Group was tasked with troubleshooting the development of additional features required for the tool, and providing training to our client’s employees on the new functionality.
Kalles Group consultants worked closely with a team of programmers and engineers to discern the true needs of the end-user, and guide the development of new user functions. Throughout this process, consultants documented and reported problems and defects to the primary programmer and quality assurance (QA) teams. Kalles Group consultants incorporated details of this user experience into user training, help, and frequently asked questions (FAQs) material.
Kalles Group consultants tested key areas
of the new global resourcing solution, measuring its effectiveness and reporting defects, resulting in an operational and practical tool for our client’s functional teams.
Kalles Group provided service for our client’s global resourcing initiative in two key areas:
- User assistance testing, and documentation:
- Consultants tested key areas of the new global resourcing solution, measuring its effectiveness and reporting defects, resulting in an operational and practical tool for our client’s functional teams.
- Analyzed and modified over 300 documents in the division’s project management framework.
- User training and help documentation:
- Created and delivered online training videos using Microsoft Expression, to prepare the operations division to use the global resourcing tool.
- Created documentation with answers to FAQs about the global resourcing tool.
- Provided personalized training, technical and troubleshooting support as needed.
Our client successfully launched its initial global resourcing tool, and additional functionality was later integrated and introduced seamlessly to end users. Users were thoroughly trained on these new features, which allowed them to better track, monitor, and manage the movements of its enterprise-wide talent pool. In addition, a rich collection of technical, FAQ, and help documentation was created to ensure our client’s teams had information available to them long after Kalles Group’s role in the process concluded.